AdBrite

Your Ad Here

Monday, October 25, 2010

Movie review: The Social Network (2010)

Hey! I found one of the hours missing from last Friday! It gave me some time yesterday to begin writing on this review. Though I didn't have enough time to finish it since I made some changes in the structure as well. Feel free to comment on the new structure so I can improve it even more.


Plot:

In 2003 Mark Zuckerberg created a website that would later become a global social network. It started in his dorm room at Harvard and quickly spread to other schools in USA. Today Mark Zuckerberg is the youngest billionaire in history, but to get here he had to go through both personal and legal complications. This is the story of Facebook.


Review:
(Spoiler alert! I try not to spoil anything, but it happens. If you want to be sure not to spoil anything, skip this section)

What a great movie. It was filled with hacking and coding, which I thought was fun to watch. Though it might not have been so much fun for those that don't understand much about that. I think you have to be a nerd or at least a programmer to fully appreciate this movie.

No, I'm just kidding. The movie is not filled with hacking and coding. It's actually mostly about the trials against Mark. Mark is accused for stealing the idea for Facebook from other students at Harvard, which he kinda did in this movie (see I told you I might spoil something) and they sue him for that.

I mostly like Marks attitude, but sometimes it goes too far. I also like Eduardo. Marks friend and co-founder of Facebook. After a while you feel sorry for him, but if I go into that there will be spoilers.

After watching the movie I just wanted to hack or code something XD


Rating:

IMDb: 8.4 / 10
Me: 8 / 10 (I'll keep my rating to whole numbers)

It was fun at the cinema. 75% (wild guess) of everyone there were girls between 15-19 years old and they probably didn't understand much of the hacking and coding. I guess they went to see the movie just because it's about Facebook. Talk about fail XD


Links:

Official site 
IMDb 
Wikipedia
YouTube


Favourite quotes:
(Spoiler alert! As always it's best not to read this if you don't want to spoil the movie)


Tyler Winklevoss: I'm six-five, 220 pounds, and there are two of me.

 
Mark Zuckerberg: As for the charges, I believe I deserve some recognition from this board. Ad Board Chairwoman: I'm sorry? Mark Zuckerberg: Yes.
Ad Board Chairwoman: I don't understand...
Mark Zuckerberg: Which part?


Gage: Mr. Zuckerberg, do I have your full attention?
Mark Zuckerberg: [stares out the window] No.
Gage: Do you think I deserve it?
Mark Zuckerberg: [looks at the lawyer] What?
Gage: Do you think I deserve your full attention?
Mark Zuckerberg: I had to swear an oath before we began this deposition, and I don't want to perjure myself, so I have a legal obligation to say no.


Marylin Delpy: You're not an asshole, Mark. You're just trying so hard to be.


5 comments:

  1. i've to watch this but i've to w8 that it arrive here :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. when i first heard of this movie i sort of groaned but from what ive read/heard about it i kind of want to see it now

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too bad I couldn't come with you last friday. Guess I have to wait until the BD release (as usual)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't seen yet
    But i shall.
    I skipped the spoilers
    Thanks for putting the warning where most wouldn't

    ReplyDelete
  5. The same as Bobo. Have to watch it later though

    ReplyDelete

AdBrite

Clicksia