AdBrite

Your Ad Here

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Movie review: Taken


I finally got around to this review of Taken, but now I've been sitting here for at least 30 minutes figuring out what to write and I don't think I can write a review of this movie. I think that if I write anything I might spoil the movie and that would be such a shame. So, all that I will tell you is that this movie is so f*cking awesome and so is Liam Neeson.

The only thing that I, right now, can think of is bad in the movie is when Liam enhance a photo several times and then get a pretty clear picture. It's almost like what they do in CSI: "Enhance that" (search YouTube if you don't know what I'm talking about).

IMDb:s rating of Taken is 7.9. Well, I'll give it 8.5-9. If you haven't seen this movie yet, do it!

I'll finish this "review" with some of my favourite quotes from Taken (not in any particular order). Spoiler alert! If you haven't seen this movie I suggest you don't read the rest of this post.


Kim: You don't have to worry.
Bryan: That's like telling water not to be wet, sweetie.

--

Bryan: I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.
Marko: [after a long pause] Good luck.

--

Jean Claude: Ok, first we should find the spotter.
Bryan: I found him, he's dead.
Jean Claude: You found him that way?... 
Jean Claude: Graham, you can't just run around tearing down Paris...
Bryan: [cuts him off abruptly] Jean Claude, I'll tear down the Eiffel Tower if I have to!

--
 
Bryan: Wake up! I need you to be focused!
[stabs Marko in the legs with metal rods]
Bryan: Are you focused yet?

--

Bryan: [after electrocuting Marko] You either give me what I need or this switch will stay on until they turn the power off for lack of payment on the bill.

--  

Bryan: [after torturing Marko] I believe you. But that won't save you. 
[turns the electricity back on and leaves]


19 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing man! This movie looks good, I got to see this movie when I can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This movie sucked. So predictable and shizz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this reminds me of WE GON FIND YOU WE GON FIND YOUU HIDE YO KIDS etcetc

    ReplyDelete
  4. That movie doesn't hold up too well the second time you watch it. I really enjoyed it the first time though

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for letting us see this movie.It was great! Penny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved this movie, the action felt really real, and it points out the horrible reality that is human trafficking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This movie was awesome, I heard there was a sequel in the works.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nailgun: I've seen this movie three times and of course it was best the first time, but it was great the second and third times too

    3milelimit: Couldn't have said it better myself

    Wompa: Really? :O Though I doubt it will be anywhere near this one

    ReplyDelete
  9. movie looks good might read it.. following

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm seeing this on sunday so I'm afraid to read anything here :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah but... CSI's "Enhance That" always seems so fake.. like they are able o do the impossible. I'm intrigued about the movie though... we'll see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  12. iv heard so many good things but it always looked to cliche for me. a friend lent it to me but i still havent gotten around to watching it :(

    ReplyDelete

AdBrite

Clicksia